This full-color book gives answers to the following claims by critics:
- The Gospels were written long after Jesus lived by people who weren’t eyewitnesses.
- The stories about Jesus’ life and death were not handed down reliably and not recorded accurately.
- The Bible is full of textual errors, as proven by the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The New Testament wasn’t finalized until hundreds of years after Jesus and his disciples, so there could have been many other “Gospels” accepted and later rejected — in addition to the four Gospels found in the Bible today.
- The originals of the Bible are lost, therefore we have no way of knowing what it actually said.
- The Bible was edited by people who had an “agenda” and changed many teachings.
- The chapter titles are How We Got the Bible; Dead Sea Scrolls; 100 Proofs for the Bible; Why Trust the Bible; 100 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus; and the Gospels “Lost” & Found.
We just finished this book in our small Bible study group. It’s a good book that provides basic information on the credibility of the Bible and is a great starting point of researching further.