I’m participating in What’s On Your Nightstand , which is a way to connect with other bloggers and share my ”reading list” and reading habits of mine monthly from 5 Minutes for Books. What’s On Your Nightstand happens on the FOURTH Tuesday of every month.
For some reason, I got to read a lot of books this month (for me, reading 8 books a month is like a miracle! *^^*) and I enjoyed all the books with different topics including sex, cooking, parenting, “self-help,” history and Amish lifestyle plus I actually cooked few dishes from The French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook I read! I have still so many books piled in my nightstand that I want to go through and I’m pretty excited about this summer! I recently added a severe back pain to the list of all the issues I’m having with this pregnancy and instead of being down or miserable about it, I decided to take it as an opportunity to read more books! :-)
Plus, The Book Whisperer I read this month really motivated me to build a foundation for my 3 year-old-daughter to be a “reader” and I’ve been having fun creating a reading-friendly environment for her and reading children’s books with her.
What I finished reading this month:
- The Waiting by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- Intimate Issues: 21 questions Christian women ask about sex by Linda Dillow & Lorraine Pintus
- The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- So Ling Insecurity by Beth Moore
- The French Women Don’t Get Fat Cookbook by Mireille Guiliano
- Madame Tussaud: a novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran
- Have a New Kid by Friday by Dr. Kevin Leman
Click each title above for my reviews.
What I’m reading currently:
What I’m planning to read next: