I love Beth Moore and I think she’s just a doll. Of course, this is based on the impression that I got from all the video Bible studies by her that I have done in the past. I really don’t know her in person so who knows what she’s really like. But I’m sure she’s not much different from any other women that I know and have in my life.
This morning, I needed a dose of Beth Moore along with my green tea and picked up the book written by her called, So Long Insecurity; you’ve been a bad friend to us. It’s not a fun book to read at 7 in the morning but it’s a good book in general. At least I know that I’m not alone and that I’ve got God on my side to take care of my insecurity. Below is one of the first lines I’ve read this morning.
“Insecurity is more than a complex emotion. It is a lie about our God-sanctioned condition.”
I like that. It’ll be easy for me to declare my insecurity as a big fat lie whenever the devil attacks me and throw me into the pool of insecurity multiple times a day.
- I’m not fat. I’m carrying the most precious gift called life in my womb and I glow because of it.
- I’m not a bad mother. My physical limit that comes with pregnancy making things a bit difficult to pay extra attention to my toddler daughter but I’m doing my best and this time will pass.
- I’m not crazy! It’s just my hormones! :-)
- I’m not dumb or stupid. I’m actually pretty intelligent and got lots of common sense. Just look at some of the people around me (it’s not you! he he he) or read newspapers. People can be really, really dumb! :-)
- I am loved! Just take a look at my life and what God has done for me. It’s literally mind-boggling!
- It’s not me. You’ve got issues. (ok, so maybe this is not the right kind of attitude. Well, I got little carried away. *^^*)
It’s time to go home. Bella had so much fun with Pops, Grandma Jackie and aunt Merri but we miss Daddy at home!