It was a very lazy week for me; hence, I only got to finish Ezekiel this week. :-( I’m about 9 days behind but I think it’ll go quickly since NT will be an easy reading. The important thing is that I had a wonderful weekend with my hubby and I feel so loved~ *^^*
- Believe it or not, I actually liked Ezekiel. Go figure! :-)
- I liked the whole visual image of “the Spirit coming into me and raised me to my feet.” (Ezekiel 2:2) I’m actually studying about the Holy Spirit in my small group and though there are many misconceptions about it, the truth is, Holy Spirit is within us and around us in our daily life. I love asking the Holy Spirit for help with little and big things in life and I love the image of the Holy Spirit “lifting me up” to do things God has planned for me to do.
- It’s humbling to read about many prophets and godly people in the history and how they were overwhelmed at times. It shows that they went through the struggles that I’m going through in life and that truly nothing is new under the sun like Solomon said!
- I love the verses on restoration in Ezekiel. “I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heat of flesh.” (Ezekiel 11:19)
- Ezekiel talks about many things including judgement and restoration of Israel and prophesies against many nations and it always ends with “Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.” I wonder how many times God does things in my life to remind me that He is the Sovereign Lord and how many times I forget that important truth and get distracted by worldly things….
For more information, please visit Bible in 90 Days/ Blogging thru the Bible in 90 Days.