Ok, so I’ve been a slacker this week! :-) I only finished up to Ruth and just started Samuel this morning. It’s a bit hard since I want to spend as much time as possible with my mom who’s visiting from Korea and time just flies these days. I not only haven’t finished my Bible reading but also neglected many other things on my to-do list for the past few days. Well, I’m just going to have to catch up this week and hope I can finished by next Monday! My husband said yesterday that God will still bless me even if I finished this in 100 days instead of 90. :-)
Needless to say, God is still pouring down His blessing on me through my Bible reading and thank you Mom’s Toobox for making that possible!
- I couldn’t keep track of all the battles and locations because there were simply too many! :-)
- I liked Joshua and I think we are all great warriors of God in some way. We have authority over devil through God who gives us that power and I feel like I can fight and win the battle against evil any day as long as God stands by me, which is like forever!! :-)
- It’s so important to teach our children of history and the stories of the Bible so that they “remember,” obey, worship God and know who He is and what He did for us. It is so easy to forget sometimes just like the Israelites in the period of Judges.
- I can’t believe how stupid Samson was that he kept revealing the secret of his power to Delila! But then, I’m sure I too repeat the same mistake over and over again sometimes….
- As always, I think the story of Ruth and Boaz is one of the most beautiful love stories in the Bible, more so than the story of Jacob and Rachel. I love Ruth for her loyalty, selflessness and faithfulness and I love Boaz for his caring, loving, responsible and chivalrous character.
For more information, please visit Bible in 90 Days/ Blogging thru the Bible in 90 Days.